This spring, students in Virginia high schools will take fewer Standards of Learning (SOL) tests than in the past as a result in changes from the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE). Students who are enrolled in a high school SOL course are now only required to take the SOL test if they need the assessment to fulfill:
- Federal participation requirements (one SOL test for mathematics, reading, and biology taken during grades 9-12); and/or
Content area verified credit requirements for graduation, based on the student’s ninth grade entry year and the diploma type the student is pursuing.
Because your student entered ninth grade for the first time in 2017-18 or prior, an additional change applies to SOL testing this spring. All students who entered high school in 2017-18 or prior are required to earn one (1) “student-selected” verified credit beyond those needed for specific content areas. The number of assessments students have available as options for student-selected tests each year depends on their current course enrollment and what verified credits they have already earned from previous courses. Some students may not have any student-selected tests available for the year. Other students may have one (1), two (2), three (3), or more tests that could fulfill the student-selected verified credit graduation requirement. Please view FCPS website regarding requirement.
SOLs fulfill Verified Credit requirements for Graduation. For details visit FCPS site regarding graduation requirements
Juniors, In order to receive a copy of your PSAT scores you must pay the PSAT/NMSQT fee of $20 by October 8, 2018.
The College Board and the nonprofit Khan Academy® have teamed up to provide free, personalized SAT study resources for all students. Students who take any test in the SAT Suite of Assessments (SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, or PSAT 8/9) have access to video lessons and will receive personalized SAT study resources based on their test results. Khan Academy's world-class practice tools are free for all students and include:
Thousands of practice questions, reviewed and approved by the College Board
Four official SAT Practice Tests written by the College Board
Personalized recommendations for instruction and practice to help students fill their knowledge gaps
SAT Information & Helpful Tips
- The registration fee for the two SAT and/or two SAT Subject Tests covers the costs of up to three individual SAT Subject Tests taken on a single test day
- Four additional score reports can be ordered at no charge at any time after registering for the tests.
- If ordering, Question-and-Answer Service (QAS) or Student Answer Service (SAS), it provides more information about types of questions and how you answered them.
- $40 discount off the regular price of the official SAT online course when registering online using fee waiver.
- Students who register for the SAT using a fee waiver can receive up to 4 college application fee waivers electronically with their test results.
- Students can use fee waiver to register for SAT during the late registration period.
Visit the SAT website for more information
Other Test Resources:
|SATs||Renee Foster | @email 703-207-4297 *Contact Ms. Foster if eligible for fee waivers*|
|AP Exam Coordinators|
|SAT or ACT Accommodations for Examinees||Shakita Fox | firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Assessment Coach||Mariam Suqui | email@example.com 703-207-4039|
|School Testing Coordinator|