Falls Church's 75th Anniversary!
Falls Church High School will be celebrating 75 years!
As the student body of Jefferson, predecessor of Falls Church High School, a vote in 1945 was held to decide on the new school's mascot. The senior and juniors elected to keep tradition alive and maintain the Jaguar nickname that had been used at Jefferson (1926-1945). The newspaper, Jaguar Journal, was established in the last year that Jefferson was in existence. In 1998, the name of the newspaper was changed to the Jagwire .
After opening its new building for the start of the 1945-46 school year, Falls Church High School taught grades 9 through 12. In 1948, eighth grade was added to all high schools. When it was built in 1959, our current building was called John Greenleaf Whittier Intermediate School. In the fall of 1967, Whittier Intermediate and Falls Church High School swapped buildings and this building on Jaguar Trail was doubled in size due to the increased class sizes that accompanied the Baby Boomer generation.
Additional information on our 75th Anniversary:
Please contact Craig Day | @email for more information and updates on celebratory events.