Congratulations to FCHS Culinary Students!
On Sept 30th, FCHS Culinary Arts students competed in two Culinary competitions at the Virginia State Fair. Three Students competed in Skills USA’s Knife Skills competition and performed a variety of Classical knife cuts. Five students competed in the Skills USA’s Cake Decorating competition, in which students prepared a decorated layer cake. There were 34 contestants in the knife skills competition and 20 contestants in the cake decorating contest. Fall Church's Culinary Arts students placed in the following categories:
- Kathy Vargas – 8th place Knife Skills
- Maxi Liebisch- 10th place Cake Decorating
- Mireylin Garcia – 6th place Cake Decorating
- Allison Romero – 4th place Cake Decorating
- Jazmin Diaz – 3rd place Cake Decorating
The winners are all level 1 Culinary students who have no prior experience in culinary or competing! Therefore, we are very proud of our students! Way to go,Jaguars!