What is Family Connection?
Access Family Connection by logging into Blackboard FCPS 24/7 for up-to-date information from the College & Career Center:
- College Visits
- Special Events and Programs
- Scholarship and Financial Aid Assistance
- Explore College & Career Opportunities
- General help with life after high school
College Exploration Process
- College Data
- YOUniversity College Video Tours
- Niche Colleges
College Checklist by Grade level:
College Visits & Events
Juniors and Seniors are eligible to attend college visit presentations given by the admissions representative from a particular college or university. These sessions are approximately 30 minutes and are held in the College & Career Center, unless another location is specified.
Students who would like to attend a presentation should:
- Login in to Blackboard, click on Family Connection, click on College tab then click on College Visits. Sign up for the colleges in which you are interested. Once you receive the confirmation message, please print that page.
- Get permission and signature from your teacher at least 24 hours in advance of the visit for the class you will miss. You are responsible for any missed assignments.
- Bring the signed confirmation page with you to the presentation. You will not be allowed in without one. Attendance will be taken.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
FAFSA Help is available at Falls Church HS through the Career Center with Mrs. Foster | email@example.com
- FSAIDReplaceHow ToCreateFSAIDGuide
- FAFSA Online: The U.S. Department of Education’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- FAFSA4caster provides an early estimate of eligibility for federal student aid
- CSS Profile: A Financial Aid Application (in addition to the FAFSA) required by some schools
- College Access Fairfax
- Finaid: The SmartStudent™ Guide to Financial Aid
- Fastweb: A free up-to-date scholarship database
- Federal Student Aid
- Saving for College
- College/Scholarship Application Checklist
- FCHS Underclass College Planning Presentation
- Senior Parent Night